Sports Contractors Association Limited
Sports Contractors Association is the peak industry body for tennis court and sports field builders and associated consultants, sub-contractors, sports surfacing manufacturers and equipment suppliers. Originally known as the Tennis Court & Sports Field Builders Association, SCA has been operating since 2000 on a not-for-profit basis, representing the most experienced, technically advanced sports surface builders and suppliers in Australia and New Zealand.
Members of SCA have expertise in building and surfacing tennis courts and sports fields, including hockey fields, bowling greens, athletic tracks, squash courts, basketball and netball courts, soccer fields, cricket pitches, golf greens, baseball fields, rugby and AFL football fields and skate parks. They also manufacture and install sports flood lighting, nets and netposts, fencing, basketball towers and associated sports equipment.
Customers include domestic, government, commercial and education sector clients. Associate members include engineers, testing laboratories, manufacturers of surfacing products, suppliers of aggregate, and fencing installers.
The aim of SCA is to promote a high standard for sports field construction and to provide a strong voice to represent the industry to the public and regulatory authorities, while at the same time promoting and supporting the business success of its members through information sharing and education.
Sports Contractors Association member companies agree to a Code of Ethics to uphold strict professional, technical standards and the reputation of the SCA by fulfilling all contractual obligations and offering reasonable warranty on materials, equipment and services. This ensures our members provide expert advice and budget estimates.
SCA also offer a dispute resolution service for issues involving members and customers.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- SCA logo displayed on members’ websites and advertising materials. This demonstrates they have met the Association’s peer-reviewed standard of workmanship and agree to SCA’s Code of Ethics.
- Members are listed on SCA’s website with links to members’ websites.
- Customer enquiries to the SCA’s 1800 freecall number are assisted and directed to contact relevant member companies for further information.
- SCA subscribes to a tender notification service and provides this free of charge to members by email daily.
- The SCA Annual Conference provides an opportunity for delegates to meet new and existing members, be kept up-to-date about developments within the industry, submit completed projects to the Industry Awards competition, and socialise with other members and guests.
Building a tennis court or sports surface is a substantial investment and to ensure a quality, lasting result and years of playing pleasure, it is imperative to employ an experienced contractor. Customers can be assured of the experience, professionalism and expertise of Sports Contractors Association members, and, for contractors, being part of the Sports Contractors Association is a mark of quality in the industry.
FURTHER CONTACT & INFORMATION