International Erosion Control Association (IECA)
The International Erosion Control Association (IECA) serves as a global resource for people who share a common responsibility for the causes, prevention and control of soil erosion.
The IECA is a non-profit, international, member organisation that provides education, resource information and business opportunities for professionals in the erosion and sediment control industry. The Association's 3500 members represent 52 countries and 17 fields of professional practice. IECA's diverse membership supplies a unique network of specialists who are capable of solving a broad range of problems caused by soil erosion and its by-product, sediment.
- Educate IECA members, the public and the erosion control industry
- Disseminate information through conferences, seminars and communication media
- Provide technical expertise for people, organisations and governments seeking assistance in the field of erosion control and soil conservation
- Establish standards for erosion control materials and installation procedures
- Promote the expertise of erosion and sediment control specialists through certification
The IECA and Chapter Conferences
- Cover all aspects of soil and water management
- Provide a series of technical and special topical sessions
- Offer papers about hands-on experience
- Provide practical applications of old and new technologies
Members receive the Erosion Control Journal, published six times a year. The Journal features articles on:
- Erosion control techniques
- Unique problems and solutions
- National programs around the world
- Special member profiles
- Association news
- Information on new products
The Chapter Newsletter is published twice a year. It includes information regarding Chapter activities and technical reviews relevant to the Australasian environment.
Environmental Connectionis the IECA's members-only publication, with articles written by members for members.
SHORT COURSES AND FIELD DAYS
Another way we serve our membership is through workshops, short courses, seminars and field days on erosion and sediment control. Members gain substantial discounts to these events.
The Association and the Chapter like to recognise those who are demonstrating industry best practice along with industry innovators. This is done through the Association's and Chapter Awards Programs.
www.austieca.com.au and www.ieca.org
The Association has a comprehensive website that provides information on conferences, member/expertise search, a members-only section, membership application, online training, course details and student resources, erosion and sediment control industry links.
This Chapter includes information on all Chapter activities and events, membership details, a products and services directory, information and application forms for the Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control and more.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES DIRECTORY
All members have the opportunity to be included in the Chapter's Products and Services Directory that can be found on the Chapter's website.
FURTHER CONTACT AND INFORMATION
Communications Officer | Sandra Lanz
PO Box 33
Picton NSW 2571
P | 02 4677 0901
F | 02 4677 0902
E | firstname.lastname@example.org
W | www.austieca.com.au