Australian Institute of Horticulture Inc (AIH)
ABOUT THE INSTITUTE
The Australian Institute of Horticulture is a non-profit member guild of professional Horticulturists across Australia and South-East Asia. AIH encompasses a wide variety of occupations and consulting roles associated with the plant sciences such as garden maintenance, landscape design, retail, production and wholesale nurseries, research and development, parks and public gardens, arboriculture, education, training, biodiversity and natural resources, and horticultural media.
The Australian Institute of Horticulture aims to lead the profession nationally in promoting excellence and environmental responsibility in horticultural practice through quality professional development, services and advocacy.
By achieving this mission, the Institute will enhance community wellbeing and enjoyment of plants and their cultural environment.
AIMS OF THE INSTITUTE
- To promote and represent Horticulturists to government, industry and the public
- Maintain a code of ethics for professional Horticulturists
- Uphold and promote the quality of horticultural services provided by its members
- Assist in the development of standards and the establishment of benchmarks for horticultural best practice
- Improve the quality and selection of plants
- Improve our physical environment through the appropriate selection and use of plants
- Enhance biodiversity
- Advance horticultural research and development
- Assist and promote horticultural education and training
- Promote strategic alliances and networking
Our members have all attained qualifications in Horticulture or an allied field, or in some cases have highly significant practical industry experience. Categories include: full, student, corporate, and associate.
Membership benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Free access to a large network of varied member expertise
- User-friendly and interactive website for promoting members
- Professional development program tailored to the profession by AIH
- AIH Insurance Scheme
- Discount preferred suppliers
- Education and training grants program
BECOME AN ACCREDITED HORTICULTURIST
AIH is the only accrediting body for the national Registered Horticulturist (RH) program that has wide recognition. RH is available to all professional Horticulturists from any sector who will have the opportunity to link with a continuing professional development program. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
FURTHER CONTACT AND INFORMATION
Australian Institute of Horticulture
E | email@example.com
W | www.aih.org.au