Irrigation Australia Limited
IAL is Australia's peak irrigation organisation representing members from all aspects of the urban irrigation industry including water providers, irrigation design consultants, system installers and irrigation training services. IAL can assist you to develop or locate the skills you need to manage the irrigation and watering of your urban landscape.
IAL's services include:
- Information | journal, technical information
- Training | Introduction to Irrigation, Irrigation Efficiency course, Irrigation Essentials Training School, plus units of competency linked to qualifications
- Irrigation Industry Certification Scheme | professional career development for those in the irrigation industry, assist customers to locate competent irrigation services
- Assist you to locate competent irrigation consultancy, design, installation and troubleshooting services
Green landscapes provide significant environmental, economic and health benefits for our urban communities, including:
- Environmental Benefits | Cooling effects on buildings to reduce energy consumption, improving urban stormwater management by reducing peak flows and run-off pollutant loads, maintaining soil structure and preventing erosion, and maintaining biodiversity in urban areas.
- Social Benefits | Preventative healthcare including stress reduction, depression management and avoidance of obesity, childhood development in parks and open space, commons for social interaction and cohesion, and benefits associated with organised sport.
- Economic Benefits | Increased property values.
Urban irrigation is fundamental to achieving these urban 'green space' benefits. A well designed, installed and operated irrigation system that delivers the right amount of water for your landscape, to the right place at the right time, will maximise these benefits to you and your property, and to the wider community.
CERTIFICATION AND STANDARDS
It is generally acknowledged that standards in the irrigation industry are increasingly important in influencing performance. At a practical level, improving standards will lead to improving the efficiency of irrigation water management.
Industry standards are established through applying technical standards (ie performance standards for equipment), technical codes of practice (ie practices such as design, installation and operation), and professional standards.
IAL runs a certification program aimed at recognising the skills of those involved in the industry and improving professional standards. Certification is available for irrigation designers, contractors, installers, operators and managers. Certification is based on nationally-recognised competencies that form the basis of irrigation qualifications at entry, trade and supervisory level.
IAL is an observing member of the organisation for International Standards (ISO). As such, it can comment on draft standards currently being developed for the irrigation industry. It is the only Australian industry group representing irrigation at ISO.
2016 IAL CONFERENCE AND EXHIBITION
The Irrigation Australia International Conference and Exhibition will be held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre from 24 - 26 May 2016.
Irrigation Australia Limited (IAL) delivers the only conference in Australia solely dedicated to advancing and promoting the entire irrigation industry value chain, presenting issues relating to, or impacting on, irrigation in Australia and across the world.
The conference will feature separate streams covering irrigation, agriculture, horticultural and open space presented by international and Australian industry leaders and authorities. The program will provide valuable time in the exhibition to meet and network with industry colleagues, manufacturers and suppliers. An exciting evening social program will include networking drinks and industry Gala Dinner on Tuesday 24 May 2016 and technical tours will be presented on day three of the conference program.
The exhibition is a great opportunity for visitors to view the latest innovations, emerging technologies and products that are available in the irrigation industry.
FURTHER CONTACT AND INFORMATION
Irrigation Australia Ltd
PO Box 863
Mascot NSW 1460
P | 02 8335 4000
F | 02 8335 4099
W | www.irrigation.org.au