Universal Magazines respects your privacy. This policy is designed to ensure that your personal information is protected. We only collect personal information that is needed and we endeavour to always tell customers how we intend to use that information. For more information please read the policy below or email us if you have any further questions.
Personal Information and its Collection:
Personal information includes for instance information such as your name, age, gender, telephone number, address, email address, and at times any financial details.
Your personal information will be collected when you:
- Sign up for subscription offers, mail orders or newsletters.
- Register for an account with a Universal Magazines website or service.
- When you purchase any goods supplied by Universal Magazines from a Universal Magazines website.
- When you enter competitions or promotions on a Universal Magazines website.
- When you are on a Universal Magazines website we also automatically collect information regarding the pages within our network that you visit and what you click on. Universal Magazines also automatically receives records from your browser including the identity of your internet browser, the type of operating system you use, your IP address, and Universal Magazines cookie information.
Use of personal information:
We use such information to provide our services to you and to improve the content on our sites. This includes, customising the content you see on our websites and services, to enter into contracts with you, for marketing and research purposes, to enable the trade of goods and services, to contact you for any reason, and for other administrative functions.
We may share your personal information with other companies which are related to or employed by Universal Magazines to help us with the same purposes outlines above.
Universal Magazines may share your personal information with third parties who may in turn provide that information to other parties for marketing purposes. All users may opt out of having their information used in this particular way. To do so please email us at email@example.com.
Universal Magazines will only share your personal information with another person or business if:
- We have your consent to share that information,
- We need to share that information with third parties in order to provide you with requested products or services. This would occur for instance if a third party needs to supply prizes for competitions or reader offers. In these cases we will generally require these parties to protect your information in the same way we do.
- We are required to share that information by law
- We find that your actions on our websites violate our Terms of Service document or any other usage guidelines.
Please note that while all attempts are made to ensure the security of your personal information, unfortunately not data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
Universal Magazines also cannot guarantee the security of any information that you post publically on its website or services such as bulletin boards or chat rooms.
Purchases made through any website operated by Universal Magazines are handled securely using an SSL certificate. Account information is kept electronically only until order is processed, and then account information is separated from product and address information. Account information is only viewed by staff who need to know it in order to process the transaction. Any account information transferred by email is automatically deleted after 14 days.
Your access to your personal information:
You have the right to access most of the personal information that we hold about you. To request such access and to make any changes to your personal details please contact us.
You may request the deletion of your Universal Magazines account.
As a publisher of print and electronic magazines, websites and other media, Universal Magazines receives many emails and other communications from readers and users every day. We may reproduce such communications in a relevant publication where it is clear to us that the sender intended publication. For example this will apply to any letters to the editor.
Universal magazines may edit this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our websites.
Helpful information about privacy on the internet:
If you are using a shared computer or a computer in a public place always close your browser after use. This will help ensure that others cannot access your personal information or correspondences.
If you voluntarily disclose personal information over the internet in a public manner (such as on a bulletin board) that information may be used by others to send you unsolicited communications.
You are responsible for maintaining the security of any login names and passwords on the internet.
Please be careful and responsible when using the Internet.
For further information:
If you require any further information, or if you have a complaint concerning your information privacy, please contact Universal Magazines.
Unit 5,6-8 Byfield Street
North Ryde, NSW, 2113
Tel: (02) 9805 0399
Fax: (02) 9805 0714
Copyright © 2010 Universal Magazines Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.