With the cold weather well and truly upon us, why not consider enhancing your outdoor landscape with a firepit? Gosford Quarries’ Australian sandstone can help you create a cosy communal space that brings friends and family together, in both residential and community settings.
Gosford Quarries produces stunning Australian sandstone that enhances outdoor landscapes. With over 95 years’ experience in the industry, you can be guaranteed high-quality sandstone and premier customer service.
IS SANDSTONE GOOD FOR FIREPITS?
Firepits have a charm far more visually and aesthetically pleasing than traditional firepits. The thermal quality of sandstone is far more efficient as a primary building material. Stone firepits are also easier to maintain.
CONSIDERATIONS AND IDEAS FOR SANDSTONE FIREPITS IN OUTDOOR LANDSCAPING PROJECTS
Sandstone is an extremely versatile material that can be used for a large variety of applications, including cladding, stairs, walls and even communal and entertainment spaces.
With Gosford Quarries’ sandstone, you can create a stunning backyard firepit and gathering space that is the perfect place to toast up some marshmallows and share in great conversations with your family and friends.
10 TIPS AND IDEAS FOR A FIREPIT
- Consider the space and location of the firepit.
- Is the location a clearing away from any vegetation? i.e. trees with low-hanging branches, power lines, utility lines or any other structure or flammable material.
- Will the firepit be ‘inbuilt’ in a landscape space; round, square or some other configuration?
- Will coals or wood be used as fuel in the firepit? This may influence design choices.
- Will the firepit be enclosed in a stacked sandstone wall?
- Should there be seating profiled out of sandstone? What are some ‘standard’ Gosford Quarries products that can be used as seating? Can the seating be curved and what finishes and colours are available?
- Will the space be paved in sandstone pavers? If so, what colours and sizes?
- For more rustic and natural designs what will be used? Dimension cut capping, pavers and cladding sandstone, sandstone boulders, raw and split sandstone material for solid block walling, sandstone gravel, crazy paving, etc.
- Visit the Gosford Quarries website for sandstone pavers, blocks, colours and finishes for visual ideas. Turn to Pinterest and Google Images to get ideas of the look and design that appeals before embarking on any residential sandstone project.
- Don’t forget the building codes that will need to be fulfilled. Speak to one of the dedicated specialists at Gosford Quarries to ensure the chosen sandstone is the best for the design idea.
The Gosford Quarries experts can help evolve and refine any design ideas to realise a dream sandstone space.
This outdoor entertainment space features an inbuilt sandstone firepit seating area, created using Gosford Quarries' natural Australian sandstone; perfect for the cold winter months
A SANDSTONE FIREPIT WILL ADDRESS THE IMPACTS OF STAYING HOME DUE TO COVID-19
With a 'stay-home' mentality still being enforced, despite the lifting of COVID-19 restrictions, this is the perfect opportunity to take advantage of being at home to create an entertaining space that is both aesthetically stunning and to help you to relax and have fun with loved ones.
Not only can sandstone create a firepit space, but it can also be a great covering for a pizza oven or outdoor fireplace. Sandstone provides an excellent thermal rating and will enhance the look of the pizza or outdoor oven too. Sandstone can be used as the primary building material or cladding facade in the construction of a sandstone oven from the foundation to the pizza oven base to the surface appearance of the structure.
Curved sandstone cladding for a stylish Pizza oven
Sandstone creates a ‘warm’ and natural congregational area for community landscapes. Use Australian sandstone – the most appropriate geological and environmentally friendly sandstone, acclimatised to Australian environment and weather – to delegate space for relaxation, meeting and socialising in any public space.
PERFECT INDOOR FIREPLACE WITH STONE
Sandstone can also be used indoors as a stunning fireplace feature with a wonderfully textured stone veneer. With its high-end thermal rating and unique appearance, the sandstone will enhance the aesthetics of the space and help to keep homes warm and cosy.
Stone fireplaces are a wonderful focal point enhancing the design of any traditional or modern home, fostering a natural connection and feeling to any interior space.
Warm natural Australian sandstone, Medium Brown Sawn cladding by Gosford Quarries
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF A FIREPLACE MANTEL?
A mantel can be used as a decorative framework for a fireplace. Sandstone is perfect for a fireplace mantel, hearth or cladding and adds a wonderful textural focal point for the aesthetics of a traditional or modern home.
Contact Gosford Quarries via the links below to specify sandstone to create your ideal space.