Formed decades ago, Ozbreed has been integral in the Australian landscape scene. Pioneering the release of new breeding in Australian native grasses and strappy leaf plants, this innovative company soon became a major source of functional, reliable and no fuss plants for the professional landscape industry.
With this success came lots of company growth, the expansion of growers, a wide landscape industry following, and lots of overseas success especially in the USA.
It is time for Ozbreed to return to its roots, namely “New Plants”. After a decade of breeding and testing, Ozbreed has a truly remarkable stable of new plants.
- Landscape Flowers: Ozbreed will soon release a new range of landscape flowering plants that beat the heat, help reduce weed invasion, lower maintenance, and are purposely bred for Australia’s climate. Salvia, Pentas, Scaevola, Argyranthemum and more.
- New and Exciting Strappy Leaf Plants: bred to be cleaner, tougher, and to survive disease pressures that would have meant certain death for common or older bred strappy leaf plants, Lomandra, and Dianella.
- Native Grasses Are Back: New Poa, and other grasses are on the way.
- New additions to our Native Shrubs and Groundcovers range that are tough, low maintenance, and highly functional.
- Exotic plants that are safer, cleaner, and have many stand out features. Vivid purpurea, Crepe Myrtles, compact improved Trachelospermum jasminoides, new hedging plants and more.
- Even introducing ultra-low growing plants. A new Zoysia grass, and Chamomile that rarely (if ever) needs trimming, and functions as the ultimate lawn alternatives. More to come.
Ozbreed will continue with its full circle theme, and work hard with landscape industry professionals, promoting these new releases. In the past, Ozbreed has become well known for its inclusive marketing to landscape architects and designers, and this long-lasting successful strategy will be a cornerstone of Ozbreed’s future direction.
To find out more information from Ozbreed, visit the links below.