Porta has recently introduced Cumaru to Australia, a premium hardwood timber product range from FSC certified forests in Peru.
Cumaru is ideal for the harsh Australian conditions, its high density makes it extremely hardwearing, termite resistant, and bushfire rated. And, being an FSC certified species, it also provides peace of mind.
Porta’s Cumaru timber products are ideal for a variety of external and landscaping applications including decking, boardwalks, wharfs, marinas, pergolas, outdoor furniture and more. Porta offers a custom moulding service to achieve unique architectural profiles for all project designs and requirements.
Cumaru timber is also ideal for indoor applications such as lining boards, handrails, and flooring, ensuring a seamless and consistent theme between indoor and outdoor spaces.
Features and benefits of Cumaru timber include:
- Attractive and durable, with an interlocked grain in brown tones with red or gold flecks
- Sustainable timber FSC certified
- Structurally rated - F34 Beams, F27 Posts
- High density (1085kg/msq dry). Meets the specified density in AS3959-2009 for construction in bushfire zones up to BAL19
- Negligible tannin bleed *
- Highly versatile. Can be used internally and externally
* Compared to other hardwoods tested, Cumaru demonstrated no apparent or negligible tannin bleed. However, Porta recommends cleaning the timber prior to installation and a suitable sealer to protect the timber and minimise any potential run off of natural resins onto surrounding surfaces.
- Decking | available in 300m random packs (broken packs available and subject to a surcharge)
- Posts and beams | available in pieces, job lots or packs
- Cladding, lining boards and other profiles available
- Custom moulding | profiles available on request
- Set lengths | from 2.4m to 5.4m with longer lengths available on request
Porta prides itself on being a company that knows and loves timber. Porta is regarded as Australasia's leading supplier of timber mouldings, timber products and custom moulding services to the home improvement, building, trade and commercial sectors. Australian owned and operated, Porta proudly manufactures and distributes a broad range of timber products in various local and imported certified timber species.
Porta is also committed to sustainable and renewable operations, sourcing timbers from only certified sources.
To view the full product range from Porta or the company’s flyers, specifications and project information head to www.porta.com.au or call 1300 650 787 to find your local rep.
To find out more about Cumaru timber CLICK HERE