Elmich Australia is excited to announce its new Blue Green Roof Module. This product will revolutionise the way that architects design and build outdoor spaces.
Elmich Australia’s new product is designed to enhance the functionality of landscapes, making them more sustainable, resilient and beautiful.
A blue green roof, also known as a green roof or living roof, is a roofing system that incorporates vegetation and a waterproofing membrane on top of a building. The vegetation on a blue green roof can be low growing sedum plants, grasses, shrubs, or even trees, depending on the design and structural capacity of the building. Green roofs are becoming more popular in recent developments to enhance the presence plant life to cityscape dwellings that don’t take up floor space.
The advantages of a blue green roof are:
- Stormwater management | These modules absorb rainwater, reducing the amount of stormwater runoff that can lead to flooding. Blue roofs are designed to provide temporary storage and the slow release of stormwater runoff during rainfall events.
- Energy efficiency | Elmich’s new product can reduce the amount of heat absorbed by a building, which can lower cooling costs in summer.
- Air quality | Blue green roofs can help improve air quality by absorbing pollutants and producing oxygen.
- Biodiversity | The structure can provide habitat for birds and insects, increasing urban biodiversity.
- Aesthetics | Enhance the overall aesthetic of a building or neighbourhood with a visually appealing design.
- Roof life span | By protecting the waterproof membrane from UV radiation and temperature changes, blue green roofs can increase the lifespan of the roof.
Blue green roofs offer a range of environmental, economic and social benefits and can be a valuable addition to sustainable building design and with Elmich’s new Blue Green Roof Module, creating a living wall has never been easier.
Contact Elmich Australia for more information via the links below.