The Landscape Association has announced the winners for the prestigious 2023 Landscape Excellence Awards. The awards, sponsored by Glazed Co. were presented at its annual gala dinner at Sydney’s Doltone House last night, November 3, in front of 550 members, sponsors, suppliers and friends of the landscape industry.
Highly prized by landscapers throughout NSW and the ACT, the awards recognise individuals and businesses across different categories of the modern landscaping industry, including design, construction, and maintenance.
In a special first – and signalling their commitment to the industry – this year TLA donated $5 from every ticket to TIACS (This is a Conversation Starter), a free mental health service for tradies.
There were 19 Gold Medals awarded, along with Best in Category accolades, and the very best were awarded the title of “Landscaper of the Year’ for each respective specialty.
Celebrity MC Tim Ross entertained the crowd and helped to keep the festivities moving along.
CEO of The Landscape Association, Jodie Dean, says that the awards are a highlight of the TLA calendar, showcasing all the hard work undertaken by members in the previous year.
“It’s such a great way to celebrate the culture of excellence within the industry,” she says.
Winners of the Glazed Co. Landscaper of the Year Awards in their respective categories:
- Residential Construction - Eloquent Landscapes for ‘Waverley’
- Residential Design - Adam Robinson for ‘Coastal Oasis’
- Commercial & Civil Construction - Outdoor Retreats Landscaping for Hurstville Grove Infants School
- Commercial Maintenance – Green Options for Burgmann Anglican School
- Residential Maintenance - Reflective Gardens for ‘Mosman’
Apprentices of the Year
- Apprentice of the Year Parks & Gardens – Oliver Olsen from Green Options
- Apprentice of the Year Landscape Construction – Jakub Podworski from Sharp Landscaping
Landscape Supplier of the Year
- Supplier of the Year, Residential – Artisan Exterior
- Supplier of the Year, Commercial – Andreasens Green Wholesale Nurseries
- Supplier of the Year, Best New Product – (Milwaukee Tool M18 FUEL Self-Propelled Dual Battery Lawn Mower)
Chair of Judges, TLA Director and former educator, Judy Bates, said all the judges were blown away by the quality of the projects entered this year. Bates has been involved as a judge since 2010 and says the high quality is a reflection of the strength of the industry.
“We were all impressed with the attention to detail in the projects presented, as well as the quality of the gardens and plant choices,” she says. “Some of these projects included challenging site constraints and demanding client briefs, but the winning TLA members rose to the occasion to create beautiful landscapes, designs or skilled maintenance.”
Long-term sponsor of the association, Glazed Co, stepped up their involvement to take on Platinum Sponsorship of this year awards. Glazed Co was supported by Gold Awards Sponsors, Andreasens Green, Ideal Edging, MBS Building and Landscape, and Alpine Nurseries.
Full list of winners (including Gold, Silver and Bronze Medal Recipients) here.