Australian owned and operated, Porta proudly manufactures and distributes a broad range of timber products in various local and imported certified timber species. Their latest offering is Cumaru – a premium hardwood timber product range from FSC certified forests in Peru.
Porta’s Cumaru timber products are ideal for a variety of applications for outdoor and indoor use, including beams, decking, cladding, boardwalks, marinas, landscaping, civil works and external furniture.
Cumaru lets you achieve a consistent theme and look throughout your project. Ideal for harsh Australian conditions, Cumaru is termite resistant, bushfire rated and FSC certified.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Attractive and durable, with an interlocked grain in brown tones with red or gold flecks
- Sustainable timber FSC certified
- Structurally rated - F34 Beams, F27 Posts
- High density (1085kg/m3 dry). Meets the specified density in AS3959-2009 for construction in bushfire zones up to BAL19
- Negligible tannin bleed *
- Highly versatile. Can be used internally and externally.
* Compared to other hardwoods tested, Cumaru demonstrated no apparent or negligible tannin bleed. However, Porta recommends cleaning the timber prior to installation and a suitable sealer to protect the timber and minimise any potential run off of natural resins onto surrounding surfaces.
- Decking | Available in 300lm random packs (broken packs available subject to a surcharge)
- Post & Beam | Available in pieces, job lots or packs
- Set Lengths | From 2.4m to 5.4m (longer lengths available on request)
- Custom Moulding | Profiles available on request
Porta is committed to sustainable and renewable operations, sourcing timbers from only certified sources. For flyers, specifications and more information head to www.porta.com.au or call 1300 650 787 to find your local rep.
To find out more about Cumaru timber CLICK HERE
To view the full range of products on offer from Porta visit www.porta.com.au