We are fortunate to utilise the great facilities at Kurri Kurri TAFE for the seminar and this allows us to provide presentations by some of the best in the industry as well as conduct machinery demonstrations on the turf surfaces at the TAFE.
Topics to be covered on the day include:
• Transitioning Rye Grass to Couch/Kikuyu by Keith McAuliffe, Sports Turf Institute.
• Trial update on Traffic Tolerance of warm season turf grasses under community sports field conditions, by Matt Roche, QLD DEEDI.
• Sustainable Land Use, Interactive approach to identification and restoration of remnant native vegetation by Lee McElroy, Port Stephen’s Council.
• My Results Program overview, web based software application for sports turf and soil data by Rob Cooper, Living Turf.
• Social Media for Turf Management, the latest apps and best use of social media for marketing and communication in the turf industry by Nadeem Zreikat, Colin Campbell Chemicals.
Some of the demonstrations will include:
• Machinery fault finding
• Renovation equipment
• Irrigation equipment
• Bunker facing and sand selection
• Conservation and land management weed identification and control
• Line marking and more.
Bookings for either registrations or trade exhibit can be made through STA NSW via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 02 8883 4688.