A small space with a big impact, the outdoor living zone of this luxury display home is enhanced by the durable and aesthetic CleverDeck Xtreme decking from Futurewood. What are the benefits of this material?
This display home at 52 Grand Street, Rochedale QLD, doesn’t let its small size (329m2 on a 10.5m block) get in the way of creating a stylish home that includes all the necessary amenities and more. Designed by Prestige Homes, this open-plan residence provides the illusion of space and includes features that would be expected on a larger property.
This is particularly demonstrative in the outdoor space. Despite the limited area, a micro pool was incorporated adjacent to the alfresco dining area, enhanced by CleverDeck Xtreme decking from Futurewood in the colour Riverstone Grey.
Futurewood’s CleverDeck Xtreme decking range provides uncompromising quality and low maintenance for a competitive price. It never needs oiling or painting, is easy to clean and offers a hard, waterproof outer shell that allows for most stains to be removed by simply mopping the surface – making it perfect for families that have kids or like to entertain.
CleverDeck Xtreme is a coextruded decking, meaning that it is made up of two separate layers of material bonded together during the manufacturing process. The internal core is traditional composite timber blended from recycled plastic and hardwood sawdust that is ground into a powder and mixed together. A hard outer shell or cap made from a special mix of virgin polymers completely encapsulates the core.
The CleverDeck Xtreme cap is made from a blend of materials designed to make it super tough and much harder to scratch than traditional composite timber. The cap’s virgin polymer blend allows the use of vibrant colour hues with subtle streaking, creating a totally new decking ‘look’ that is fade-resistant.
- Capped composite timber solid decking board
- Fully wrapped in a coextruded protective shell
- Hard outer shell offers greater scratch and abrasion resistance
- Board shell made from a virgin polymer blend
- Virtually waterproof decking surface that is hard to stain and easy to clean
- No oiling or painting required
- Virtually no maintenance necessary, just clean the deck as required
- Fade-resistant and dynamic blended colour hues with continuous variation
- Unique colour variation means that no two boards look the same
- Seven standard colours available
- Fully finished and ready to install
- 10 year unlimited ‘no fuss’ domestic warranty including three years labour cost for replacement decks
- BAL 29 rated
- Custom lengths and finishes including a P4/5 slip rating finish
- No sap runs or tannin leaching
- Not affected by termites or white ants
- Solid dense material, will not rot, cup, split or warp
- No-knot holes or splinters
- Long 5.4-metre standard lengths
- Full clipping system for complete concealed fixing
- Quick and easy installation
- Suitable for a 450mm joist span
- Can be fixed as low as 25mm over concrete or 100mm over soil, if well-drained
The display home in Rochedale is open for viewing. Check it out with a 3D walk-through by clicking here.
To specify Futurewood decking for your outdoor space, get in touch via the links below.