From a broad perspective, GRC planters can be either sourced as a commodity or as a solution, and both approaches can be appropriate depending on the circumstances.
The Commodity Approach
With a commodity approach to sourcing GRC planters, the buyers believe they have a clear understanding of exactly what planters they are looking for, or their requirements and/or expectations are open to compromise on the planter sizing and design.
Therefore, the planters are seen as a commodity and the selection and sourcing process is generally centred around price and availability.
The Solutions Approach
With a solutions approach to sourcing GRC planters, the buyers are generally looking to source planters for larger, and potentially more complex and/or exacting projects. Therefore, buyers are looking for a solution to the problem of managing the specification, design, costing and delivery logistics for a landscaping project’s specific GRC planter requirements.
For this approach to be successful, it requires a greater level of communication, cooperation and project planning between the customer and the supplier/manufacturer than most GRC planter suppliers can provide.
Satu Bumi’s Solutions Approach
As a specialised GRC manufacturer, Satu Bumi provides a ‘solutions approach’ for the supply of GRC planters, which includes the following six elements at no additional cost to the buyer:
- Assistance in specifying | Making it easy for estimators and project managers to efficiently source the best GRC planter options in terms of size, shape, specialised designs, finish, and cost
- Product engineering for custom-made planters | For the provision of shop drawings, design suggestions and even samples for custom-made planters
- Access to a catalogue of standard sizes and designs | To enable faster production turnaround
- Direct communication with the manufacturer | Provides convenience and more direct control over the result
- Direct supply from the manufacturer | Removes the on-cost of a middle-man
- Project management on larger projects | Provides predictability and reliability over supply
Satu Bumi’s ‘six element solutions approach’ to the supply of GRC planters is a unique offering to the Australian market that can provide significant benefits to its customers.
It is relatively easy for a GRC planter supplier to take an order and arrange a delivery date for the supply of standard off-the-shelf GRC planters. However, once you throw in the complexities relating to the design, manufacture, and delivery of large quantities of different sized and/or custom-made planters, having a solutions approach can be of immense value to the success of a commercial landscaping project.
Click the Send Enquiry button below to request Satu Bumi’s assistance in sourcing GRC planters and GRC street furniture for commercial projects.