Efflorescence, a crystalline deposit of salts that can occur on the surface of stone, brick and decking surfaces, can be indicative of a potential internal weakness within the surface material. Drizoro can offer the perfect solution with Efflorescence-Rid.
Efflorescence-Rid from Scientific Waterproofing Products is a simple and effective solution for efflorescence and can be used in a wide variety of applications, including sidewalks, driveways, parking, decks, floors, ramps, walls, brick, pavers, stucco, stone and retaining walls.
Application of Efflorescence-Rid is can be done with a plastic garden pump sprayer in five easy steps:
- Allow 3-5 minutes for Efflorescence-Rid to foam and rub over the surface where the efflorescence is present. Time depends on the degree of efflorescence and the durability of the surface.
- Agitate concrete surface using a stiff nylon brush, broom or rotating concrete scrubber.
- Power wash the dirt and remaining Efflorescence-Rid and rinse well. Re-apply on any remaining tough spots or where foaming on surface has occurred until all efflorescence is removed.
- Rinse everything with plenty of water. Rinse equipment immediately after use.
- When surface is completely dry, surface should be sealed with SEALTIGHT Masonry Sealer to seal surface and to help keep future efflorescence from forming.
Prior to treatment it is important to strip back any rendered and painted surfaces. prior to these surfaces that will be re-rendered or re-painted, it is essential to apply DRIZORO Maxseal Flex while the surface is wet.