Don’t miss your chance to secure your place at the 2017 Parks & Leisure National Conference. Join your fellow parks and leisure professionals at this important forum and gain important industry insight.
Secure your place at this essential event for industry professionals and connect with your peers to discuss high-level topics of real importance, develop new relationships and gain critical information. Attendees will have the opportunity to discover the clever minds behind the 2018 Commonwealth Games, and get a sneak peek at some games venues, as well as explore world-class examples of brilliant design, planning and delivery methods.
An ambitious agenda contains four main streams for discussion: Managing; Planning; Communicating; Balancing. The conference will incorporate 5 keynote addresses and over 40 frontline perspectives from industry professionals as they present case studies, masterclasses, workshops and technical tours.
- Join your colleagues in the Ultimate Resort Challenge
- Celebrate at the prestigious Awards of Excellence gala dinner.
- Learn from world-class examples of brilliance in design, planning and delivery
- Explore the latest thinking on sustainable sport, new technology, people and performance, funding and budgets, planning places and much more
- Network with a premium audience of your peers at dedicated breaks in resort setting
To be held at the RACV Royal Pines Resort, this championship golf course and 100-hectare resort are surrounded by manicured gardens, just 12 minutes from Surfers Paradise.
Famous for its lifestyle, natural beauty and success, the Gold Coast is set to host the XXI Commonwealth Games in 2018, with preparations already well underway. This conference will give you the opportunity to visit world-class facilities and hear from inspirational leaders, including:
- Mitchell Silver, Commissioner of the New York City Department of Parks
- Anthony-Paul Diaz (AP), Executive Officer and Chief of Staff for the Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks (RAP)
- Mark Peters, Chief Executive Officer of the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games Corporation
- Bernard Salt, Head of The Demographics Group
Come and hear from a range of disciplines and industries handpicked to inspire and motivate you into action as you receive straight talking practical advice to take back to your workplace.
With an agenda created by the industry for the industry, you’ll come away feeling stronger, better connected, supported by your peers and able to navigate our rapidly changing industry
OPEN FOR BUSINESS will be a celebration of the inspirational happenings in the parks and leisure arena and a means to meet with likeminded professionals to share knowledge.
Conference: 22 - 25 October 2017
For more information contact the Parks and Leisure Australia National Office
T (08) 8332 0130
Download the full conference program HERE