With the ever changing Government Legislation and Guidelines occurring within the Public Open Space Sector, the team at Greenplate strive to be abreast of these changes.
Greenplate, in conjunction with a forward thinking local Government Council, researched all the requirements and Standards to manufacture a Barbecue Cabinet range that is fully compliant with the Legislation of the Disability Discrimination Act.
The Equal Access Cabinets are constructed using 316 Stainless Steel for longer life and an easy bolt down installation. This enables little maintenance even in the harshest environment.
Some of the peculiarities of the design include the bull nose edge of the benchtop, with radius corners for safety and a recessed switch plate in the face.
Guidelines for the bench include overhang width and under/over heights and are fully compliant to ensure easy access for wheelchairs.
All instruction labels are in large clear lettering as per Standard for visually impaired users. Also included are Blue/White L.E.D. Barbecue switch status lights mounted in the face plate.
The Greenplate 300 Equal Access range of Cabinets is fully covered by Australian Innovation Patent 2014101175 and Design application 201414843.
Greenplate Barbecue unit and Equal Access Cabinets comply with the following Legislations/Standards/Corporate:
- The United Nations (UN), Convention or the rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- Disability Discrimination Act 1992, Access to Barbecues falls under definition of ‘Premises’ (DDA Section 4).
- Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (ADAQ Section 46), Access to Barbecues fall under the Provision of Service.
- AS1428 Design for Access and mobility Part 1. Including: AS1428.1, AS1428.2,
AS/NZS 1428.4.1, AS1428.5
- Electrical Safety Act 2002 and regulations
- AS60335.1:2011, AS60335.2:78: 2005
- DDA Compliant, full wheelchair access
- High Vis Signage for visually impaired
- Blue & White LED Push Button function, enhanced for easy use
- Greenplate ® Equal Access Single & Double Barbecue Benches
- Full 316 Stainless Steel Construction
- Australian Designed and owned