Gosford Quarries is a trusted sandstone supplier to the Civil, Landscape and Public Sectors and continues to be the preferred supplier of Civil Sandstone.
Gosford Quarries Sandstone for Civil Projects and Civil Designers, Mount White Quarry
Among the core sectors of sandstone supply in Gosford Quarries (GQ) service and product lines, Civil Construction and Civil Engineering Projects along with landscape and Public Works account for a significant portion of GQ’s business supplying reliable, quality sandstone to government bodies and councils. These Civil Projects and government public works range from smaller projects to some of the most significant large-scale undertakings.
Gosford Quarries is the trusted sandstone supplier to the civil, landscape and public sectors. Its civil contracting sandstone products, are specified and comply with Council Standards, account for a significant portion of its quarried sandstone materials supplied to the civil industry in the Sydney, Melbourne and Queensland markets.
Historic Landmarks and public works Gosford Quarries have supplied (and its stonemasons have worked on) regarding government, public works projects have included The Australian War Memorial, St Mary’s Cathedral and The Queen Victoria Building.
A significant Civil Sandstone Project has been Windsor Bridge.
Gosford Quarries and its History Involving Civil Construction and Civil Engineering Projects in Australia
Founded in 1922, Gosford Quarries has supplied sandstone for civil and public works (small to large scale), commercial sandstone projects and, of course, Australian residential homes; be they historic and heritage or contemporary and modern.
2022 marks a significant milestone in the history of Gosford Quarries and the history of the supply of Australian Sandstone by Australia’s largest and most capable of sandstone suppliers, Gosford Quarries Sandstone.
2022 is the 100th Anniversary of Gosford Quarries Sandstone in Australia.
Gosford Quarries Sandstone - Preferred Supplier to Sydney Council for Sandstone Civil Projects
For nearly 100 years, Gosford Quarries Sandstone has continued to be a top of mind and preferred supplier for many Councils, particularly within the Sydney and Central Coast Council District areas.
Gosford Quarries Sandstone for Civil Projects and Civil Designers (landscape logs, solid block retaining wall, coastline civil project)
Gosford Quarries have worked with companies and government organisations such as Sydney Water, National Parks, RMS (Roads and Maritime), Sydney City Council, Darcon, Robsons, Benedict, Bedrock Quarries, Western Earth Moving and Civil Works and together have collaborated on some of the most impressive and important public and private projects in Australia.
Gosford Quarries Sandstone For Civil Projects and Civil Designers - Antoun Civil, Avoca Beach Foreshore Project (sandstone boulders, landscaping logs, brown sandstone colour range)
Gosford Quarries Civil Projects - Little Bay, CIP Landscape Project (Sandstone logs, quarry run, pavers and step feature)
Gosford Quarries Sandstone has such profound good-will and trust in the civil industry as a civil sandstone supplier because:
- Gosford Quarries sandstone is 100 percent natural Australian Sandstone
- None of its products are imported and hence its quality of control is superior to many sandstone suppliers
- The sandstone is extensively tested and graded to the highest standards and quality controls
- Gosford Quarries supply locally to Sydney Councils, Central Coast, Blacktown, Hunter, Northern Beaches, Eastern Suburbs, Sutherland Shire, Hornsby and Hills Shire, Blue Mountains and many more councils across NSW, Canberra, Queensland and Victoria
- The testing regimes and stockpiling combined with the quality control are second to none in the industry
- Gosford Quarries can prove with hard data, measured over time, that its products remain constant in its quality as it ages
- Gosford Quarries compliant sandstone quarried products adhering to local council specifications and requirements
- The quality and high-grade quarry sandstone material
- Its sandstone products have little variance in quality overall as it is extracted from the same quarries and not supplied and quarried from multiple sites which would significantly impact product quality and consistency
- Gosford Quarries provide civil quarrying
- Gosford Quarries can extract sandstone for civil excavations on site for large scale projects (for example our George St, Sydney Projects, sourcing “Yellow” Sydney Sandstone onsite)
- The leading technology and largest quarry selection at Gosford Quarries allows the supply of custom requested civil material for civil projects
- Gosford Quarries can supply uniquely specified sandstone products by Civil Designers and Architects in small to large quantities
- The sheer capability to supply quantities of up to a magnitude 50,000-100,000 tonnes of sandstone material are second to none
- Gosford Quarries have the capability of supplying significant quantities of crushed and raw sandstone material
- The leading technologies for extraction and production
- Gosford Quarries have an extensive range of civil sandstone products for civil contracting
- Gosford Quarries have sandstone boulders, sandstone rocks, gabion rock, quarry run landscaping logs, crushed and raw sandstone materials (Council specified and Grade approved), sandstone spalls and salt-tolerant sandstone for civil marine landscaping projects
- Gosford Quarries also have retaining wall materials for civil projects of any scope or spec
- All of the Gosford Quarries Civil Sandstone Products are Council specified and Council Grade approve
- The fast turnaround times
- Depending on the product and quantities required, Gosford Quarries can often supply to civil construction projects and public works projects within one to three days as a rule of thumb
- Gosford Quarries work closely with Civil Designers, Architects and Head Civil Project and Public Works Contractors to realise their Vision
- Gosford Quarries can supply civil sandstone products to suit a specific and unique specification and a particular design need, within approved standards and parameters
- Peace of Mind
- Gosford Quarries have staff with over 40 Years experience in the Civil and Public Sectors
- Gosford Quarries Sandstone is synonymous with quality, capability, timeliness of supply and expert consultation and advice
Gosford Quarries Civil Projects
Contrary to popular belief, Gosford Quarries do not only supply sandstone landscaping logs, Gosford Quarries have a wide range of other civil and crushed sandstone products available, more commonly used for larger scale civil works. Keep reading below for our Council Specified Civil Sandstone Materials. Gosford Quarries also supply sandstone roadbase which is a popular choice for most civil road work.
Why is Sandstone an Alternative for Civil Projects Compared to Other Stone Materials?
Gosford Quarries Civil Projects - Seawall, Terra Civil (sandstone boulders, crushed sandstone logs sawn finish, landscaping logs and billets)
Sandstone is a preferred choice by landscape designers, architects and landscape architects because of its visual aesthetic as a natural product and how its colour tones blend with the natural landscape it is installed upon. Sandstone is also preferred for the sheer ease of installation, durability and functionality in civil construction, especially in large scale applications.
Gosford Quarries Civil Sandstone Supply is also specified to the preferences Councils seek for civil and public works. Its end-users performing civil engineering and construction want a natural or recycled product and many councils, civil construction companies and architects just prefer to use sandstone above all other materials (another top of mind being brick and concrete).
In fact, alternative materials such as brick and concrete supplied as 20mm crushed material is a harder product which does not have as much flexibility compared to 50mm crushed sandstone material products. Sandstone is far more weather-friendly and durable as it is part of our very land and environment in its origins, hence perfectly suited to our climate and weather conditions; a fact that architects and civil engineers are keenly aware of.
Sandstone, being a totally natural product, is also environmentally friendly and environmentally sustainable. Sandstone is a 100 percent recyclable natural stone material, another factor influencing sandstone as a choice of material in civil construction and engineering. There is an ever-growing consciousness regarding our environmental footprint throughout the private and public sectors and sustainability is a high checklist item.
Quite simply, the inherent nature of a sandstone product, the fact it is a 100 percent Australian product, the reliable quality and longevity, large scale availability and obvious visual aesthetic makes sandstone an incredibly appealing material in the eyes of all key stakeholders within civil and public industries.
Why Choose Gosford Quarries Sandstone as your Civil Project and Public Works Sandstone Supplier?
Gosford Quarries Civil Projects - Watercourse, Terra Civil (sandstone boulders, crushed sandstone logs and billets)
Generally, the council and government clients are primarily concerned with where Gosford Quarries are sourcing raw quarry-run civil sandstone materials. They are focussed on what is involved in our quarry production and how the raw sandstone product is ripped, cut and crushed into the commonly used ‘Standard’ specific materials usually required by civil industry. Gosford Quarries are proudly environmentally conscious and the extraction and processing methods have one of the smallest carbon footprints of any civil material.
Gosford Quarries Civil Sandstone Supplies and Products
As outlined above in this article, Gosford Quarries Sandstone has the largest product supply lines for civil construction projects in Australia.
Gosford Quarries have crushed sandstone aggregate (very small crushed sandstone quarry material - 20-50mm and 60-80mm); these products come in different sizes due to a wide variety of requirements by specifiers (Civil Designers and Architects) and are suitable for paving (levelling and compacting the ground), gabion boulders, larger and smaller screened rock used for filtration, etc.
Contact one of the expert sandstone team for more information or for specific civil projects and public works requests on 02 8585 8282.
Gosford Quarries Expert Consultation and Advice for Civil Construction, Civil Engineering and Public Works
The expert sandstone team at Gosford Quarries are here to speak about your Civil Construction and Engineering Projects and your Public Works Projects at any scale. The team can work with you from conception to construction and support the realisation of your design and architectural vision for any civil or public construction project. Call today on 02 8585 8282.
Peace of Mind When you Choose Gosford Quarries as your Civil Sandstone Supplier
- Gosford Quarries source ALL of its 100 percent Australian civil sandstone products of quarry-run raw and crushed sandstone materials from its exclusive, quality tested quarries.
- Gosford Quarries are local to supply for Sydney and Central coast Council’s and this is one of its greatest strengths as a sandstone supplier in the Australian market.
- Gosford Quarries are not just known for the quality of its products, its adherence to Standards, its quality controls, its expert knowledge, its robust supply capabilities to scale and its technical capabilities with latest technological advances.
- Gosford Quarries are also known for its word. They do what They say.
- Gosford Quarries are the go-to for all things sandstone across four sectors; residential, commercial, civil and heritage sandstone projects. This is particularly true in Civil Sandstone Supply.
Gosford Quarries Sandstone are keen to grow their civil client base and public work contracts and would love to hear from you to show you why they are Australia’s Number One Sandstone Supplier. Call today on 02 8585 8282.
Find out how Gosford Quarries can help you with your next project via the links below.