With this funding, local councils and state governments will be able to update their roads and fund land transport projects, improving economic growth across Australia for many years to come.
Instrumental in this redevelopment process is the smart design and implementation of drainage along our roads. Drainage upgrades are a fundamental part of these improvements and with the correct products, there will be a reduction in damage costs caused by flooding litigation and damage to road surfaces.
This drainage preparation and upgrade along roadways is especially pertinent in areas that already experience heavy rainfall, such as the north of Australia, but in addition to these areas, many tiers of government are also realising that Australia’s changing climate requires smarter drainage systems to prevent long-term damage throughout the country.
ACO Polycrete is an industry leader when it comes to providing drainage solutions for roadways, and will meet the changing demands of Australia’s climate and allow government and commercial developers to safely guard Australian infrastructure against unpredictable events.
ACO, as an established drainage provider, works hard to develop innovative solutions to manage surface water that can potentially pose hazards to road users, cause damage to road surfaces, and damage commercial and residential properties.
During research and comparison undertaken by ACO, it was found that there were significant advantages to using ACO’s TraffikDrain and ACO’s KerbDrain product ranges, compared with traditional kerb inlet pit and pipe systems. The advantages include:
Safety Elements of TraffikDrain and KerbDrain
- By using trench drainage in roadway projects, it is possible to remove the need for multiple pits to reduce standing water and slip hazard. This also helps to prolong the lifespan of pavements
- These products can act to reduce the risk of aquaplaning created by excess water in traffic lanes
- Fast removal of water from the road via high-capacity slot inlets keeps roadways safe during heavy weather conditions
Installation of TraffikDrain and KerbDrain
- The products require shallow installation only, which means less interference with current services and a reduction in expensive ongoing maintenance which is required for deep pipe trenching.
- KerbDrain removes the need to build another kerb and drainage system
TraffikDrain and KerbDrain Safeguarding
- TraffikDrain grates allow maintenance crews to identify blockages more quickly and easily than previous methods and products allowed
- Maintenance such as rubbish and waste can easily be removed via the TraffikDrain grate above the blockage
- KerbDrain inspection units can be implemented anywhere along the run, which saves time and labour long-term and can result in easier detection of drainage issues
With smarter implementation of drainage products like TraffikDrain and KerbDrain, our roadways can be made safer with the quick removal of excess water, easier access and removal of waste debris for maintenance crews. By eliminating the need for invasive redevelopment programs across the country, ACO has provided a safe and cost-effective way to prepare Australian infrastructure from increased flooding.
If you require full details on why ACO’s products are a more viable solution for design and planning, a full comparison can be found here. To learn more about ACO’s transportation infrastructure drainage products, visit their comparison index here.