The announcement was made on February 26, 2014 at the Strategies in Light® conference in Santa Clara, California.
The NGL Solid-State Lighting Design Competition is sponsored by the Illuminating Engineering Society, the U.S. Department of Energy, and the International Association of Lighting Designers and “seeks to encourage technical innovation and recognise and promote excellence in the design of energy-efficient LED luminaires”. The judging panel selects luminaires on the basis of “appropriate illuminance, light distribution, glare control, aesthetic appearance and style, serviceability and replacement, value, and energy efficiency.”
The NXT-S luminaire was awarded Best in Class in the Roadway - Local Residential category.
The NXT™ series is designed for performance, reliability, and upgradeability, and is now available in two sizes (NXT-S and NXT-M). Easily removable components allow for future upgrades as technology evolves, prolonging the useful life of lighting infrastructure, and substantially reducing the total cost of ownership.
Benefits of the NXT luminaire include:
- Future-proof design allows for upgrade as technology evolves (e.g. improved LED efficiency)
- Tool-less, field-replaceable LED light engine which allows for upgrading of LEDs and field-swapping of optics
- Tool-less, field-replaceable surge module option
- Tool-less, field-replaceable driver
- Smart Street Lighting for Smart Cities: Available with internal or external Smart Grid capabilities with leading industry partners
- Optional built-in sensor that allows LED depreciation to be measured and reported over the service life of the luminaire (requires Lumen IQTM monitoring/control system)
The NXT-S was previously selected for inclusion in the prestigious Illuminating Engineering Society 2013 Progress Report.
For further information regarding this award-winning product, please visit www.ledroadwaylighting.com
About LED Roadway Lighting LtdLED Roadway Lighting Ltd. (LRL) is a leading designer and manufacturer of LED (light-emitting diode) based street and area lighting fixtures and control systems. LRL is headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, with primary manufacturing located in Amherst, Nova Scotia and Victoria, British Columbia. LRL also has manufacturing capabilities in the US and the UK (Wales). In addition to research and design facilities in Halifax, our Victoria, British Columbia operation is engaged in the design and manufacturing of our Lumen IQTM wireless control system. LRL’s products are RoHS compliant (free of lead and mercury), provide energy savings of up to 60% and substantially reduced maintenance costs. LRL currently has more than 300 municipal, utility, and commercial clients in more than 37 countries. For further information please visit our website www.ledroadwaylighting.com