Pick the brains of some successful designers and industry practitioners in a relaxed, small group setting.
This is a unique opportunity for AILDM members to gain insights and industry knowledge from experienced landscape practitioners. Pick the brains of some successful designers and industry practitioners in a relaxed, small group setting.
The afternoon will begin with Raoul van de Laak from the award winning landscape consultancy Good Manors, who will discuss the essentials of design, marketing, quoting and business management. Attendees will then break into small groups for some designer 'speed dating'. A number of designers and industry practitioners will head up these groups, leading discussions and inviting questions, with the group moving on after a set time.
- Nicola Cameron of Pepo Botanic Design on incorporating edible and sculptural elements into design
- Arthur Lathouris, a designer of 25 years experience, on design and sustainability
- Emil Montibeler from Universal Magazines on marketing your business
- Jeremy Gargate from Mother Nature’s Landscapes on working with designers, planning and construction
- Craig Rich from Alpine Nurseries on specifying and selecting quality plants
The seminar is particularly suitable for students and recent graduates, however all landscape practitioners will benefit from this information-sharing event.
When: Wednesday, 7 August 2013. Registrations from 3pm. Seminar begins at 3.30pm and includes a break for afternoon tea.
Where: Greengate Hotel, Pacific Hwy, Killara
Cost: AILDM Students and AILDM Recent Graduates $25, AILDM Members $35.
Register now at www.aildm.com.au