Have a project worth crowing about? Got a team that is outstanding at what they do? Showcase it at this year’s Parks & Leisure Australia Awards of Excellence. Registration closing soon.
Parks and Leisure Australia (PLA) is the leading association for professionals in the sector, with the aim of building, serving and developing a strong and united parks and leisure industry. For over 20 years PLA has recognised excellence in the parks and leisure industry through its awards program. The PLA Awards of Excellence aims to promote and encourage best industry practice and recognise achievements and outstanding work of individuals and teams employed in the parks and leisure industry.
A recent review of our awards has been rigorous and effective and each category has now undergone a major review and update. The 12 categories for the program include:
- Frank Stewart Distinguished Service Award
- David Aldous Young Professional of the Year Award
- Major Event of the Year Award
- Community Based Initiative of the Year Award
- Strategic Planning Award
- Community Facility of the Year Award
- Park of the Year Award
- Playspace (<$500k) Award
- Playspace (>$500k) Award
- Best Regional / Rural Industry Contribution Award
- Research Award
- Best Use of Technology Award
Finalists are announced at regional events held across the country in May and June. National winners are announced at the prestigious Awards of Excellence Gala Dinner during the annual conference, to be held in 2019 at Crown Perth, Western Australia on October 29.
- Entries open - 21 January 2019
- Entries close - 29 March 2019
- Judging - April
- Finalists announced - May &June
- National Winners announced - 29 October 2019
To register your nomination and/or place a submission CLICK HERE. Nominations close 29 March 2019.
Want to check out last year’s winners? CLICK HERE to view the excellent array of projects honoured at the 2018 Awards of Excellence.
For more information visit the Parks & Leisure Australia website at www.parkleisure.com.au