Nestled in the foothills of Coffs Harbour, a new Moduplay playscape reflects the agricultural heritage of the area with a unique set of play structures made to delight and educate.
The newest Coffs Harbour playspace by Moduplay, West Coffs Reserve, was created in partnership with landscape architect Andrea Vallance. Opened in October, the West Coffs Reserve playground was designed with the tenets of the regions ongoing masterplan at its centre.
Part of a larger recreation site that includes a dog park, greenspace and natural landscaping, the developer funded reserve was created with the vision of:
- Providing a meeting place with shade and shelter, seating and drinking water, with access to nature
- Providing a place that attracts and caters for families and group gatherings with universal access
- Encouraging inclusive play through a variety of nature-based and active play options
- Offering pedestrian and cycle links between suburbs to encourage active recreation
- Attracting visitors from outside the region by including quality facilities and parking
In a mindful bid to reflect the agricultural and food production heritage of the area, Moduplay included a unique set of play structures in the form of a Shovel and Fork Skyrider, Peapod Multi-rocker and Tractor.
To ensure the best recreation space for the local region, all elements of the reserve were designed in consultation with the community. A series of workshops were held by Council in order to gain local input, along with workshops arranged with a local primary and high school to gauge their suggestions for the play structures.
Fully invested in 100 percent Australian manufacturing, Moduplay upholds the benefits of community engagement. In producing global quality play equipment, the Moduplay Design Team works collaborative with its clients to develop bespoke play systems to complement any playspace.
Talk to Moduplay about special requirements for your next project via the links below.