The Residential Design & Construction Award category for the 2019 LNA Awards recognises outstanding skill in designing custom residential outdoor landscapes. Don’t miss out on your chance to enter!
2018 Gold Winner Residential Design & Construction Awards | iCreate Landscapes
The LNA Master Landscapers (LNA) Landscape Excellence Awards recognise individuals and businesses across a range of categories that reflect the shape of the modern landscaping industry. The Landscape Excellence Awards represent the very highest of achievement in workmanship, innovation and creativity in the industry, with entrants and winners able to leverage their involvement and gain new market exposure for their businesses.
The Landscape Excellence Award categories are formulated and adjusted each year to reflect the feedback the LNA Admin Team receives from Members, Members of the Board and past entry patterns. In selecting these categories the LNA hopes to make the awards fair and equitable for all members and so they might enjoy healthy competition with their peers.
This category looks at both smaller projects, where the total cost of the project is below $75,000, and larger ones above $75,000.
The Residential Design & Construction Awards will look at every aspect of your designing skill in bringing your client's vision to life and providing them with the landscape of their dreams.
Judges will consider such factors as:
- How well your design met the brief of your clients
- How creative your design is - have you used innovative materials, cleverly resolved issues of functionality, or created a highly aesthetic landscape?
- Has your plant pallet been appropriate for the conditions and the purpose of the space?
- The quality of your design plans for the project, both 2D and 3D
- The quality of your chosen materials
- The quality of your workmanship in areas such as joinery, brickwork, paving, cuts and control joints. Have you maintained an eye for detail?
- Appropriate design and installation of drainage
- The degree of difficulty of the project, considering aspects such as issues of access, the included structures and innovative construction practices
- Soft construction elements from design to installation including 2D and 3D design, soil preparation and the quality of the plant stock
- Aesthetic aspects of the project looking at the context for the design, the overall theme of the space, the complexity of the design (e.g. the use of a variety of levels)
- The overall set-out of the landscape | Is it balanced with a good sense of proportion?
- The functionality of the site | Is movement throughout the site well-considered? How has the mixture of active and passive zones been handled? Has the placement of utility zones been well-designed? Have you used screening creatively and appropriately?
Now is your chance to showcase your best work to the industry, your clients and your colleagues.
Entries close Friday 26 July 2019.
CLICK HERE to enter.
Contact the LNA Team for more information on 02 9630 4844 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.