Don’t miss the 5th Australian Healthy Cities: Working Together to Achieve Liveable Cities Conference, which will be held in Geelong next month.
The 5th Australian Healthy Cities: Working Together to Achieve Liveable Cities Conference will be held in Geelong next month.
Our speakers, like our delegates, have a diverse range of professional backgrounds and interests. These are reflected in the topics to be discussed, which include:
• Advocating for a healthy city when the old one has fallen down: A public health perspective from Christchurch, New Zealand.
• Creating diverse, sustainable communities on Sydney’s urban fringe.
• Cultivation, consumption and connection: Making the most of local food.
• Ageing in neighbourhood –harnessing seniors for healthier urban places.
• City of Layers Reconfiguring the built environment for sustainability.
• Housing and health working together.
• Planning on Local Knowledge: Creative approaches to community engagement.
Our keynotes will look at some of the issues our cities face both nationally and internationally. There will be over 55 oral presentations.
With the Official Welcome in the Geelong Art Gallery, and a second networking function with delegates and presenters included, the program is designed to provide ample opportunity for questions and discussion.
5th Healthy Cities: Making Cities Liveable Conference 2012
The Mercure Hotel and Conference Centre, Geelong, Victoria
June 6 – 8, 2012
For more information, call 07 5502 2068 or fax: 07 5527 3298