Using a newly developed sustainable concrete mix, The Pluto Program has just released a brand-new range of locally made landscape products.
The Kinks 02
Designed and crafted by hand on the NSW South Coast, The Pluto Program (TPP) makes functional landscape products with a focus on durability, ease of installation and streamlined design.
Harley Fry, Director of TPP, was inspired to create environmentally responsible, well-designed landscape products for people to enjoy in their outdoor spaces. With an extensive background in concrete design and metal fabrication, Fry continues to challenge the possibilities of these two mediums.
Conscious of the fact that cement production is one of the biggest industrial causes of carbon pollution in the world, Fry has developed his own cement mix known as ‘bloom’, which is a more environmentally responsible product. The ‘bloom’ cement mix sequesters heavy industry waste products, right throughout its product range.
“I was determined to create a more sustainable cement so I overhauled the material makeup of traditional Portland cement and created my own” explains Fry. “Our Bloom cement mix is less energy intensive than traditional Portland cement and is made up of 70 percent repurposed waste products that would otherwise end up in landfill.”
“Sequestering waste products inside our cement mix isn't just better for the environment, it also enhances the quality of the concrete we use in our landscape products. Increased dispersion of nanoparticles and sealing from the inside out increases the strength, density and lifecycle of our concrete.”
The Kinks 01
Products available at The Pluto Program include:
- Cirque - radial bench seat, available in corten steel or powder coated mild steel
- Pietra - single seat with planter, available in corten steel or powder coated mild steel
- Tom Bowler – large corten steel fire pit, diameter 1500mm up to 2000mm
- The Kinks 01, 02 - permeable concrete stepping stones
- The Kinks Pot 01, 02 - steel pots, available in corten steel or powder coated mild steel
- STM - corten steel stair case, designed to slot together on site, no welding required
Available for custom projects, find out more about The Pluto Program here.