Parks and Leisure Australia (PLA) are coming to Adelaide for the 20th National Conference on October 23-25, held at the magnificent Adelaide Oval.
Delegates have the opportunity to hear from some of the most exciting speakers in years in a revised format, based on the feedback received from last year’s attendees and the industry.
The conference starts with an opportunity to experience an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of one of Australia’s most impressive sporting venues before officially being opened by the Lord Mayor of the City of Adelaide. Over the following two days, attendees will choose from more than 50 industry presentations covering everything from planning spaces for communities, managing parks and assets, health and wellbeing, sustainable sport, funding, governance and the emergence of new technologies in the sector.
- Over 50 presentations, workshops and panel discussions
- Specialised ‘lunch and learn’ sessions where you get to have lunch with your favorite keynote
- An Adelaide Parklands in Practice’ masterclass
- A behind the ‘Glitz and Glamour’ Adelaide Oval masterclass
- An exhibition of more than 40 of the industry’s best products and services.
- A local government ‘Great Debate’
- The Awards of Excellence gala dinner
- Optional Technical Tours providing access to some of Adelaide’s most important facilities and spaces
The long list of amazing speakers is headed up by four industry leaders, who will be guiding attendees through the world-leading work they are doing.
Kevin Lafferty is a national policy advisor in Scotland who has been instrumental in setting up the life-changing ‘Branching Out’ program connecting the National Health Service and the Forestry Commission.
Holly Ransom is the 2016 UN Global Coalition of Young Women Entrepreneurs Co-Chair, CEO of her own company Emergent, and youngest ever female director of an AFL club.
Placemaker David Engwitch is a designer, artist, author, TEDx presenter and social innovator and will be explaining how to make any place extraordinary in just seven days.
Mark McCrindle is a thought leader and strategist who helps organisations not only adjust to a complex and ever-changing world, but also shape the changes to come.
Visit parksleisure.com.au for more information or to get involved contact Nicoll firstname.lastname@example.org
Top to bottom: Mark McCrindle | Holly Ransom | David Engwitch| Kevin Lafferty