Due to its porosity, sandstone can be stained and gain a build-up of algae. To protect against staining and prevent the need for constant cleaning, sealing sandstone is a good idea.
Advantages to sealing sandstone include:
- Sealed products are much easier to maintain
- Sealing reduces the amount of water absorbed by the stone – therefore reduces mold and algae growth
- Sealing enables the easy removal of common stains like grease, oils, dyes and leaf tannins
- Sealing protects your investment, keeping your sandstone looking for good for many years
- Using a professional sealing product usually comes with a warranty. If applied with a professional application, the company will offer a warranty of up to 15 years.
- Sealing reduces the risk of water staining
- Sealing will prevent the penetration of spills, making the stone stain-resistant and easier to clean
Kellyville Landscape Supplies carry a large range of sealers and cleaners to help protect your sandstone.
The different types of sealers include:
Penetrating Sealer | Penetrate the porous sandstone and leaves a natural finish
Consolidating Sealer | Hardens the sandstone. Especially well suited for pool areas
Colour Enhance Sealer | Enhances the colour of the sandstone or highlights the natural grain
Send Enquiry To KLS Sandstone