MAXSEAL FLEX is a two-component product. Component “A” is a water-based special acrylic resin and component “B”, is a mortar based mixture of special cements, additives and well-graded aggregates. Once applied and cured, MAXSEAL FLEX provides a non-toxic, flexible and waterproof coating with very high adhesion on those common substrates in construction- concrete, natural and artificial stone, traditional mortar plasters, bricks, concrete blocks, Hebel etc.
• Waterproofing and protection of water retaining structures, such as drinking water tanks, reservoirs, water mains and swimming pools.
• Waterproofing of below-grade structures like basements, retaining walls, foundations, tunnels, galleries subjected to both positive or negative high water pressure.
• Internal and external waterproofing and protection of new and old buildings, façades against dampness, rain, pollution and aggressive environment.
• Waterproofing and protection of concrete against carbonation, and chlorine penetration in public works, irrigation channels, dams, retaining walls and water treatment plants, bridges, etc.
• Tile fixing and waterproofing of roofs under tiles and pavement in terraces, balconies, bathrooms, kitchens and other wet rooms in hotels, hospitals, offices and residential buildings, in indoor or outdoor use.
• Waterproofing of window boxes, gardens and other surfaces subject to root penetration. Water retention structures.
• Provides a fully flexible coating which ensures complete waterproofing in the most severe conditions, even in high negative or positive water pressure. Covers shrinkage and hairline cracks in the concrete.
• Acts as an anti-fracture membrane between the substrate and other finishing coats.
• Excellent protection for concrete, being both a CO2 and chlorine (Cl-) barrier and thereby preventing carbonation and electrochemical corrosion.
• Permeable to water vapour, allows the substrate to breathe.
• Resistant to abrasion and is UV stable.
• Withstands atmospheric pollution, corrosive effects of salt water and freeze/thaw cycles.
• Resists hydrostatic negative and positive pressure from groundwater when used for interior underground applications.
• Excellent adhesion and easy to use. Does not require bonding agents and can only be applied on wet surfaces.
• Non-toxic and chloride free. Suitable for contact with potable water.
• Longer lasting than other coatings, avoiding maintenance costs.
• Environmentally friendly.
• Withstands root penetration, when properly reinforced with fibre glass mesh.
The surface to be coated must be sound, clean, free of traces of paint, loose particles, dust, grease, mould release compounds, gypsum, efflorescence. It is the applicator's responsibility to determine the presence of (salt) efflorescence prior to application. Remove efflorescence using EFFLORESCENCE-RID and apply SEALTIGHT to the affected areas to block salt from penetrating. Maxseal Flex can only be applied to a wet surface, NO other primer or OTHER product is required except in areas where salt treatment has been carried out. Apply Maxseal Flex in these areas while surface is still wet with SEALTIGHT. Any damage or concrete defect should be repaired in advance. Patch all holes, voids and honeycombs. Open cracks to approximately 2 cm. in depths. Exposed steel bars must be cleaned and patched with MAXREST up to 1 cm. minimum thickness. If it is needed, treat steel bars with the oxide converter MAXREST PASSIVE.
MAXSEAL FLEX is supplied as two preweighed components. Pour the resin, component A, into a clean container and add the powder, component B, gradually, while mixing with a low speed mixing drill (400 –600 rpm). Mix until a homogeneous mixture free of lumps is achieved. Do not add water and keep liquid/powder ratio as per package supplied. Depending on existing temperature and R.H. climate conditions, pot life expectancy will be between 30 minutes and one hour.
MAXSEAL FLEX is applied with a fibre type brush or broom such as MAXBRUSH or MAXBROOM respectively, or by trowel when a smooth finish is required. For large areas MAXSEAL FLEX can also be sprayed, recommended nozzle size is 3-4 mm and spraying pressure between 3.5 and 5.0 bar. When sprayed, it is recommended to finish the fresh coat with a broom to make sure that the whole surface is covered completely. Apply two coats, using 1 – 1,5 kg/m2 of MAXSEAL FLEX per coat and allow a minimum of 14 hours and a maximum of 3 days between applications. Prior to application thoroughly wash down and saturate the surface, but do not leave free standing water. Thickness per layer should be 1 mm. approximately, it is very important to avoid very thin or, thick application. In those areas such as fissures, concrete joints and active cracks should be sealed using Maxjoint Elastic, once repaired and sealed, MAXSEAL FLEX should be applied with a fibre glass mesh of 40-60 g/m2. Place the mesh on a first coat of MAXSEAL FLEX, with at least 20 cm wide of strip, and then apply a second coat of MAXSEAL FLEX.
Optimum application temperature is between 10 – 25 ºC. Do not apply below 5 ºC or if lower temperatures are expected within the following 24 hours after application. Do not apply on frozen surfaces or if rain is expected 24 hours after application. Protect against quick drying by winds and direct sunlight with high temperatures, by fog-spraying with water for two hours after application.
Curing time required to put the product into service or to immerse it in water will depend on temperature and relative humidity conditions on site. Conditions in the range of 20ºC and 50% R.H will require a minimum of 14 days to ensure that the product has cured enough to be in permanent contact with water. Applications made at lower temperatures or sites without ventilation will require longer curing periods. After curing, wash the surface of MAXSEAL FLEX with water before putting into service in permanent contact with potable water.
DO NOT apply in excess of 2 layers.
DO NOT apply to bitumen or polyurethanes.
DO NOT place plastic or core flute protection boards against treated surfaces prior to back filling.
Drainage cell and aggregate can be placed.
Send Enquiry To Scientific Waterproofing Products Pty Ltd