MAXREST®PASSIVE is a one-component liquid product, ready to use as an oxide converter and protection of re-enforcing bars and other steel and iron surfaces against corrosion.
MAXREST®PASSIVE once applied Neutralizes the corrosion process, reacting quickly with the rust and transforms iron oxide into a stable passive layer giving full protection against corrosion, salts, acid and alkali attack.
• Oxide converter and protection of re-enforcing bars in structural concrete repair exposed to aggressive conditions such as in coastal areas, industrial environments, etc
• Anti-corrosion protection against the attack from strong chemical agents such as diluted alkali and acid solutions
• Adhesion promoter on metal surfaces for subsequent coating systems
• Excellent adhesion on metal substrate
• It reacts even with steel which has been sandblasted to white metal or over only partially rusted surfaces
• Water-based liquid, solvent-free and non-flammable
• One-component product, easy and ready to use
• Quick drying, allows a fast repair job
MAXREST® PASSIVE is ready to be used; it does not require dilution or addition of other materials. Apply by brush, spray gun or by immersing the element to be protected. Apply two coats, the second one when the first coat is dry to touch (between 2 – 3 hours at 20 ºC). Avoid staining the concrete around the reinforcement. More successive coats can be applied if required.
Do not apply below 5 ºC of if such temperature is expected within 24 hours. Do not apply if rainfall is expected within 24 hours. Do not apply on frosted or frozen surfaces.
MAXREST® PASSIVE can be coated with other epoxy or polyurethane coatings 24 hours after application.
Clean with water all tools and equipments immediately after use. Once it hardens, product can only be removed by mechanical methods.
Estimated consumption of MAXREST® PASSIVE is 0,15 kg/ m2 per coat, for a dry film thickness of 50 microns, in order to achieve a total consumption of 0,3 kg/m2 in two coats. Consumption may vary depending on texture and surface conditions, a preliminary test on-site will determine consumption exactly.
MAXREST® PASSIVE is supplied in 1, 5 and 25 litres jerry cans.
Twelve months in its original unopened packaging, in a dry covered place, protected from humidity and frost with temperatures above 5 ºC.
Safety and health:
MAXREST® PASSIVE is not a toxic product but skin and eye contact must be avoided. Safety goggles and protective gloves should be used during application. In case of skin contact, wash affected areas with soap and water. In case of eye contact rinse thoroughly with clean water but do not rub. Seek medical attention if irritation persists. Safety Data Sheet for MAXREST® PASSIVE is available by request. Disposal of the product and its empty packaging must be made by the final user and according to official regulations.
Send Enquiry To Scientific Waterproofing Products Pty Ltd