NEW TORO EQUIPMENT BOOSTS BELAIR TURF MANAGEMENT
Adelaide-based turf management company Belair Turf Management, has turned to Toro Australia to help boost productivity as part of a major upgrade of its fleet of commercial mowers.
Belair has taken delivery of five new Toro machines, including four commercial mowers, as the company seeks to consolidate its recent rapid growth.
The company, which was formed in 1998, now has more than 40 staff and over $1 million in equipment. It provides turf maintenance, mowing, renovation and irrigation services to sports grounds, schools, colleges and councils across metropolitan and rural South Australia.
Mr Simon Foord, the Managing Director of Belair Turf Management, said Toro machines had been chosen because they offered productivity increases of between 30% and 50% over similar equipment from other manufacturers.
"The extra power to the cutting units means we are not being held up on some of the tougher jobs, such as sports grounds that are mowed on a fortnightly rather than a weekly basis," he said.
"As a result, we are able to do more work in the same time, meaning we don't have to purchase even more equipment and more staff to meet deadlines.
"This helps minimise our costs and improve our bottom line.
"The productivity increases are being delivered, especially as our operators get used to the new machines."
Mr Foord said the old adage "time is money" applied just as much to the turf management industry as it did to any other business.
Belair Turf Management was formed in 1998. Mr Foord, a qualified greenkeeper, was its first employee and purchased a 25% stake in the business in 2002. In 2009, he purchased the remaining 75%.
Two of its largest contracts are with the Onkaparinga and Salisbury City Councils to provide mowing and turf renovation services to sports fields. It also provides turf care and maintenance at five 9-hole golf courses from Marion to Munno Para.
"My former business partner always used to purchase equipment from another manufacturer," Mr Foord said.
"However, last year when I had to get additional machinery, I decided to look around to see what else was out there.
"Toro's increased power and greater efficiency and productivity were very attractive and enabled me to increase the efficiency of our operations and minimise additional staff requirements."
Toro's Area Sales Manager, Commercial Business Unit, Mr Brian Goodridge, said the new range of Toro mowers offers the options of wider cutting widths and more power than equipment from other suppliers.
"We are winning a lot of work on the back of our new machines, which are providing more capacity for the same level of equipment when compared with competitors," he said.
"The Groundsmaster 5910 in particular has been selling very well because of its wide area cut and power which enables it to cut through the toughest conditions."
Send Enquiry To Toro Australia