MONASH UNIVERSITY SYNTHETIC SPORTS FIELD LANDSCAPE
Monash University’s Sports department were given funding to develop their existing multipurpose sports fields into a world class synthetic sports facility with FIFA accreditation and stadium quality lighting. The new facility afforded MU Sports to lease the fields to sports clubs from around Melbourne as well as host interstate sports events and competitions. Ace were appointed as head contractor for the completion of the sports fields and all ancillary works.
ACE Landscape was involved in the following scope of works:
- Demolishing the existing grass sports field, running track and existing storm water and lighting services
- Construct new levels and stormwater drainage that would be able to carry a 1:100-year storm flow away from the fields and into the Melbourne Water catchment
- Install a new 35,000m2 synthetic sports surface including 3 x soccer fields to FIFA specifications and 4 x futsal fields
- Install 8 No. Raptor LED lighting towers to provide min 140+Lux to all playing surfaces
- Install new Tan running track with pedestrian lighting all round
- Install new rubber running track
- Install all new hard and soft landscaping including automatic irrigation
- Install a new sports equipment storage shed
ACE electrical was also involved in this project. They were engaged to supply all the lighting and power systems.
Send Enquiry To Ace Landscape Services Pty Ltd