PATHWAY AND SLOPE STABILISATION IN AIRLIE BEACH
This residential area in Whitsundays Regional Council district required a permeable hard surface to protect the contoured pathways and driveways from erosion. The sloped stormwater drains were lined with flexible concrete mats to help filter and slow the runoff from the pathways and road.
Concrete mats were a good solution as they provided:
- Good drainage with permeable qualities
- Hard armoured protection for vehicle and foot traffic
- Stabilisation for the vegetated slopes
- Safe to maintain and mow when vegetation has grown through the mats
- Easily able to contour around the landscaped gutters and trees and rocks
14 x 2.4 wide x 15m long flexible concrete mats were used with biodegradable nutrition mat – the mats were anchored using a combination of trenching in, concreted edges into pathway and roadside plus Galvanised steel UBar anchors at joins and overlaps.
Send Enquiry To Australian Concrete Mats