REGULAR ROOF HEALTH-CHECKS GIVE PEACE OF MINDby Boral Masonry
“Owners of homes more than 25 years old are recommended to pay particular attention to the roof, especially if the original materials are still in place,” said Charlie Condo, general manager, Boral Roofing & Masonry East. “If the roof is not properly looked after, it can become damaged over time, sarking can become ineffective and overall roof performance can deteriorate.”
A regular roof health-check can give homeowners piece of mind during wet or windy weather and help to improve the home’s energy efficiency.
Boral always recommends using a qualified roofing tradesperson to undertake the assessment and conduct a 7-step roof check, including:
1. Checking the roof for any cracked tiles, tile displacement or debris build-up
2. Checking old cement mortar bedding
3. Checking flashings, gutters and downpipes
4. Checking whether sarking is installed as a barrier against dust, storms and bushfires
5. Checking for sufficient ventilation to remove hot or damp air
6. Checking for the need to re-insulate the ceiling with bulk insulation
7. Assessing the need to replace individual tiles, re-spray or re-roof and sark.
Boral can provide a list of local roofing installers from its network of preferred suppliers. For more information, visit www.boral.com.au/reroofing or call 1300 360 255.
Send Enquiry To Boral Masonry