The company was established by its founder in 1874 and worked on many significant projects in Melbourne’s early history. In 1956, we constructed the warm-up track for the Olympic Games.
Since that time a significant and specialist part of our business has involved the installation of sports and specialist surfaces on many significant projects including:
- Asphalt works for MCG Southern Stand
- 1987 construction of the original tennis courts at Melbourne Park
- Construction and resurfacing of a number of athletic tracks throughout Australia and Cook Islands
- Surfacing of many McDonalds and Hungry Jacks playgrounds with Polyflex Softfall
- Full reconstruction and resurfacing of all tennis courts at Melbourne Park Tennis Centre including Rod Laver and Hisense Arena
- Long-standing relationship with Netball Victoria and Netball Australia.
Our team of workers is highly skilled and dedicated, with a significant number of workers having contributed between 10 and 40 years of service to the company.
The current directors represent the company’s ongoing commitment to smooth succession with involvements of 40 years and 15 years respectively.
Our current market position is enhanced by our appointment as the official surface supplier to the Australian Open tennis Tournament as well as a number of significant relationships within local government and sporting associations.
We currently employ three full-time Civil Engineers with significant experience within their field as well as three sports surfacing experts with close to 100 years collective experience in their field.
For more information visit: www.wmloud.com.au