The 2012 Government Sustainability Conference is Australia’s peak environmental conference and will be held in Melbourne in September.
The 2012 Government Sustainability Conference will again provide local, state and federal government professionals and representatives of other public sector agencies with comprehensive analysis and advice about how to ingrain environmentally sustainable policies and practices within their organisations and the communities they serve.
The conference will follow on from the highly successful 2011 Government Sustainability Conference, which attracted more than 200 attendees. By focusing on the issues and needs that are faced by governments and their authorities, this conference has become the peak annual environmental conference for Australia’s public sector.
This national conference will provide attendees with the means to network and discuss environmental best practice with officials from the nation’s public sector sustainability leaders.
High-quality information and case studies will assist attendees to address crucial environmental issues facing all levels of government, including:
• How to embed a culture of environmental sustainability within a government organisation
• Implementation of leading-edge climate change strategies that encourage reduced emissions and prepare a government organisation for the risks posed by climate change
• Community engagement in environmental initiatives
• Encouraging sustainability in public sector infrastructure and the built environment
• Efficient water management practices and waste minimisation
• Green purchasing and procurement
• Policy and regulation adherence
Attendees will also be able to participate in high-quality workshops that will enhance their ability to respond to environmental issues and generate sustainable outcomes for their organisation.
The Government Sustainability Conference has evolved from the Local Government Sustainable Development Conference, held annually for six years.
For more information about the conference or to register your attendance please visit: www.governmentsustainbility.com.au