Software solutions that improve the day-to-day operations of design and construction professionals have taken centre stage at DesignBUILD 2015.
A host of companies offering software solutions for architects, builders, designers and construction professionals to help improve their day-to-day operations for staff, clients and contractors have taken the spotlight this year’s DesignBUILD trade event.
Exhibitors showcasing solutions such as building information modelling (BIM), 3D modelling, virtual design construction (VDC) and online project management platforms, have attracted crowds on the show floor – reinforcing the industry’s excitement and intrigue around the latest software solutions and innovation.
GRAPHISOFT, an industry innovator that ignited the BIM revolution 30 years ago with ArchiCAD, is just one of the brands displaying the latest technological solutions on this year’s show floor.
GRAPHISOFT Business Development Manager, Stewart Burke, said not only architects and designers, but product manufacturers had been visiting their exhibit to learn about how they can leverage BIM to assist with their long term goals.
“Manufacturers are increasingly using BIM as a channel of communication with the architectural industry,” Mr Burke said.
Other technology exhibitors include:
- BuilderTREND – a construction management system for homebuilders and remodelers.
- Luminova – a 3D rendering firm offering two brand new virtual reality solutions for architects and designers. Using two types of virtual reality headsets, the Oculus Rift and Samsung Gear VR, the solutions offer users realistic fly-throughs of commercial construction and projects and various interior fit-outs respectively.
- Redstack – a leading provider of design technology and services to architecture, building and engineering professionals.
- Rubysketch – a BIM software provider who has this year launched a new 2D/3D BIM software, PlusSpec, for architects, builders and education providers.
- Tenderfield – an online tendering and project management platform custom-built for the Australian construction and civil engineering industries.
The three-day trade event is home to more than 250 leading brands and represents the largest annual gathering of architecture, building, construction and design manufacturers and suppliers in the country.
“This is a once yearly opportunity for industry members to discover and learn about a range of new products and solutions, all under the one roof, that will help improve day-to-day operations and the way they do business,” Ali Mead, DesignBUILD Event Manager, said.
DesignBUILD will be back again next year from the 4-6 May 2016 and will be back in Melbourne at the Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre.