AWARD WINNING HALVORSEN PARK PLAYGROUND
Synthetic Grass and Rubber Surfaces Australia were challenged with the installation of 361m² of RosehillTPV® Rubber Wetpour in 11 different colours for this nautical-themed park.
The park was designed by Fiona Robbe from Architects of Arcadia, landscaped by Green Fern Landscaping, and the play equipment was supplied and installed by Play Works.
The result is an engaging playspace that features a range of nautical based elements that tie in with the areas naval history. The active elements include:
- Logs and sandstone blocks to walk and climb on
- Rope towers
- Sandstone boat
- Wooden bridge with ship rope
- Submarine themed play gym, complete with sail and periscope
- Twirling twister
The use of RosehillTPV® Rubber Wetpour for the playgrounds soft fall ensures the surfaces are:
- Weather resistant
- Highly colour consistent over time and wear and tear
- Able to withstand the high pedestrian traffic thanks to the high elastic recovery
- Non-allergenic and non-toxic as, does not contain any Propylenes
- Contains no heavy metals and does not leach out carbon or colour pigments
Not only is the park a favourite with locals, it is fast becoming an industry favourite as well. Recently, park designer Fiona Robbe was awarded the 2017 Parks and Leisure Australia PLAYSPACE Award (under $0.5M).
The long-lasting durability of Halvorsen Park safety surfacing will, no doubt, continue to set standards for the industry for years to come.
Send Enquiry To Synthetic Grass and Rubber Surfaces Australia