THE ONLY WAY TO IRRIGATE RESPONSIBLY
01 Nov 2009
KISSS sub-surface textile irrigation is the world's most advanced irrigation system and represents a milestone in green technology.
KISSS sub-surface textile irrigation is the world’s most advanced irrigation system and represents a milestone in green technology.
Developed through years of research with leading Australian Universities and the CSIRO, KISSS applies water to the roots at a rate that more closely matches the capillary absorption rate of the soil than any other system.
The unique, patented design significantly reduces the amount of water needed, making KISSS irrigation perfect for drought conditions, or for organisations that want to save money while conserving water.
• KISSS Sub-surface Textile Irrigation is the only irrigation system designed specifically for use underground.
• Uses up to 60% less water than conventional irrigation such as sprinklers – water losses through evaporation, tunneling and drainage are significantly reduced or eliminated.
• Provides a reliable even wetting pattern which improves turf and crop uniformity.
• KISSS can assist with weed management.
• Unlike sprinkler and drip irrigation, the surface can be used during KISSS irrigation as the surface remains dry.
• KISSS is the safest way to reduce risks associated with using recycled water as water is dispersed beneath the surface containing contaminants underground.
• KISSS provides much greater control over root zone conditions. It is the only system where soil moisture levels directly influence the delivery of water. KISSS ensures water goes where it is most needed by moving water upwards and outwards to the root zone at the soil's natural absorption rate. As the soil becomes wet, KISSS "intelligently" directs water to dry soil, creating a uniform wetting pattern. For the first time, water application rates can be matched to the capillary absorption properties of the soil.
• KISSS can also effectively and usefully disperse recycled water. The sub-surface delivery means grey water and sewage effluent can be used with added safety.
• Conventional sub-surface drip irrigation systems that rely on individual emitters to discharge water at controlled rates and must be run until the driest region of soil is saturated and therefore, inevitably, over-watering. In contrast, KISSS distributes water uniformly, reducing the need to over-water and providing a more controlled, efficient irrigation solution.
• KISSS was recently awarded the Wine Industry Environment and Sustainability supplier of the year award in recognition of the clear environmental benefits and superior water saving qualities.
• KISSS is used around the world to irrigate sports fields, vineyards, public parks and gardens, in orchards, schools, backyards and even in the middle of the middle-eastern desert.
Watering with less
The strain from the drought on Australia’s water supplies will only continue with climate change. As a result, we need more efficient ways to water our crops, parks and gardens.
To tackle this challenge Irrigation & Water Technologies (IWT) has developed the world’s most advanced sub-surface irrigation system.
IWT’s capillary irrigation sub-surface system, KISSS, is a milestone in green technology.
KISSS has already been proven through extensive use across Australia and around the world. In addition to unprecedented water savings.
Wherever KISSS is used, less water is needed to grow healthy grass, gardens and crops.