NATIVE AND EXOTIC TREES
1 February 2010
Mt William Advanced Tress specialises in growing an extensive range of both Australian native and exotic trees.
Mt William Advanced Trees Nursery specialises in growing an extensive range of both Australian native and exotic trees for councils, public authorities, landscapers, developers and the home gardener in air pruned containers.
This technology produces a quality root enabling the following to occur:
• Air Pruned roots lose their apical dominance
• Each new root grows to a cusp and desiccates
• Abundant new root tips develop
• Extra tips give the tree a far greater capacity to absorb water and nutrients when planted
• Higher oxygen permeation allows the use of lower porosity media
• The potting media used has a higher water holding capacity
• There is a better match between the porosity of the rootball and the site soil
• Roots colonise into the new planting site far quicker
• Air pruned grown trees help lower establishment costs in the landscape
Along with the use of Air-Pruned containers, our trees are formalitively pruned throughout the year and are kept disease and pest free.
We contract grow for many councils, shires, landscape contractors and developers both in Victoria and interstate.