Stormwater Australia is a non-profit organisation that links the diverse and multi-disciplinary interests of all Australian stakeholders of the Stormwater Industry and represents them at all national forums. The Association promotes innovative and sustainable practice technologies, standards and policies that minimise adverse environmental, social and economic impacts.
Stormwater Australia also facilitates an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of agencies and partners working to improve the management of our natural and built stormwater systems, provides an advisory and reference service for the industry and promotes the concept that stormwater is a resource.
STORMWATER AUSTRALIA OBJECTIVES
Stormwater Australia is made up of a number of entities. These include Associations incorporated in individual Australian states and nationally through a non-profit company called Stormwater Australia, also known as Stormwater Industry Association Ltd.
The Objectives for which Stormwater Australia is established are:
- To determine and co-ordinate policy direction for the stormwater industry
- To implement policy via its member associations and/or organisations
- To represent the member organisations at at Australian Government level
- To lobby the Federal Government policy advisors and committees for better environmental and technological management of stormwater
- To represent the member associations and/or organisations on national issues with national groups, organisations, institutes, associations and any state body etc
- To further, nationally, the interests of its member associations and/or organisations in stormwater management
- To further establish the Stormwater Industry Association in all States and Territories of Australia
Stormwater Australia membership embraces all professionals and practitioners, both as individuals and as employees, of:
- All three tiers of government, with stakeholder interests in environment, planning, construction, education, community services, engineering and research
- Civil engineers
- Surveyors, urban planners and landscape architects
- Architects, builders and project managers
- Civil construction contractors
- Geotechnical engineers, soil and environmental scientists
- Universities and research institutions
- Manufacturers of stormwater and geotechnical products and equipment
- Community organisations and environmentalists
STORMWATER AUSTRALIA ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIP
Stormwater Australia is a national organisation that is supported by the membership of state-based incorporated associations in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia and Western Australia. The state SIAs may be contacted directly or through the Federal Office.
The State Associations enable local practitioners and the broader community to learn about available stormwater management and quality technologies, provide a platform which encourages interaction between the multiplicity of disciplines and parties engaged in our industry and encourage the development and understanding of new technologies. The state SIAs also provide opportunities for all interested practitioners and organisations to network within and across disciplines and to influence stormwater policy, legislation and industry guidelines at local and national levels.
PO Box 7298
Beaumaris VIC 3193
E | email@example.com
E | firstname.lastname@example.org
P | 1800 761 777
W | www.stormwater.asn.au
Bulletin Editor | Chris Gray | email@example.com
Bulletin Design & Publishing | Robyn Worthy