Sports Turf Association NSW
The Sports Turf Association NSW is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the development and professionalism of sports turf management.
STA NSW is a representative body for all sports-turf related workers and allied trades. Our members are from a variety of sports turf venues, including sports stadiums, golf courses, bowling greens, private schools and councils.
The Association is managed by a voluntary team of committee members who are dedicated to providing knowledge, resources and ongoing education and networking opportunities for its members. The committee is elected by the members of the Association and represents both active greenkeepers and representatives from industry-based organisations. All committee members work on a voluntary basis and meet once a month.
STA NSW conducts a variety of events throughout the year, including seminars and workshops. The purpose of these events is to encourage professional development, learn about industry changes, and network with others in the sports turf industry. Some of the events include a hands-on approach to specific subjects such as cricket wickets, sports field renovations, disease and weed and pest management. In addition to educational events, STA NSW also runs social days such as an annual golf day. All event information can be found on our website.
STA NSW encourages anyone from the turf industry to become a member of the Association. The Membership period is from July to June. Members receive:
- STA NSW Magazine On Common Ground featuring technical and educational articles, upcoming events, special features and much more
- Regular updates via the STA e-newsletter
- Brochures for coming events including Sports Turf Seminar and Training workshops
- Reduced rate for Seminars and Training workshops
- Access to some of the best turf minds this country has to offer, in regards to education, research, information and analysis
- Belonging | Sports Turf Association has been set up for YOU. Have your say as to who makes up the committee at the AGM, and meet fellow industry workers at events. It's a great networking opportunity!
STA NSW is very proud to be associated with many great companies within the turf industry. Through Trade Membership, companies receive: their logo displayed on the STA website with links to the company site; a logo in every edition of the STA magazine; first option to take up event sponsorship at discounted rates; discounted advertising rates in the STA magazine.
Our committee works closely with our trade members to obtain feedback for the continued development and success of the Association and to ensure the relationship is a mutually beneficial one.
The Sports Turf Association NSW is dedicated to providing knowledge, resources, ongoing education, networking opportunities, and support for the turf industry.
An association dedicated to the development and professionalism of turf management, STA NSW aims to provide a friendly and fun environment for its members, with a commitment to the growth of the Association.
FURTHER CONTACT & INFORMATION